Project Development Workflow
Two18 Media follows a proven, three-phase development process for each project we undertake. Our workflow methodology is centered around a generalized set of development guidelines which are customized to suit the specific project medium and the nature of each client's business. We take into careful consideration your particular marketplace and your own unique target audience.
Project Phase One
Discovery and Solution Planning
The first phase of project workflow is focused around the discovery process, which begins with an initial consultation.
- Project requirements outline and analysis
- Target market analysis
- Competitive research and investigation
- Project workflow design and development plan
We use the initial consultation to garner as much information as possible about your business and its needs. During this initial discussion, and then once a service contract has been agreed upon, we address the following points:
Project Phase Two
Design Implementation and Standards Testing
This phase of the development cycle involves harnessing the exploratory information gathered from the initial consultation and subsequent market and competitive research.
- Initial project design prototype, outline, storyboard, wireframe
- Initial client review and feedback stage
- Feedback review and implementation
- Secondary client review
- Thorough standards-compliance, validation and accessibility review
- Quality assurance testing
- Final client review and approval
A loose storyboard is developed which outlines the flow and user experience of the web site design or application, or the general layout of printed material. From this general storyboard a prototype design is developed, which takes into account the specific target audience of the client's business. Attention is given, at this early stage, to the eventual issues involved with standards compliance and accessibility. The prototype design is turned over to the client for two rounds of development review prior to final approval.
Project Phase Three
Project Rollout and Maintenance
The final phase of the project workflow involves post-development tasks. These include printable products being subcontracted to a print-service bureau, web site development being hosted and rolled out, digital imaging and media products being shipped to the client, etc. Loosely, this phase of a project includes the following:
- Project rollout, implementation, or service bureau subcontracting
- Turn-over of print material and/or associated documentation
- Contracted project maintenance and/or administration
- Post-rollout website visibility tasks and search engine submission
- Shipment of digital media project work
- Contracted website maintenance and/or search engine visibility campaigns
These phases are often adjusted to suit the specific nature and medium of the project work we undertake. Where applicable, specific points are tailored to meet the particular development paths required by graphical design, application development, digital media projects, photographic restoration, etc.